Australia’s Gold Coast is a packed full of things to do – from the sun-drenched beaches and ocean boulevards to the lush sub-tropical mountains and valleys of the Hinterland.
A sweeping 70km coastline offers a spectacular stretch of patrolled surf beaches that are amongst the best in the world. This glittering coastal strip also has a wide choice of sensational shopping, delicious dining and live entertainment venues.
In April 2018 the Gold Coast is set to come alive. There will be fun for everyone with opening and closing ceremonies, sporting events and a carnival atmosphere up and down the coast. Located in Broadbeach, Diamond Beach Resort is in one of the entertainment hubs and with easy access to sporting venues, it makes for an ideal place to stay at.
- Theme Parks – The Gold Coast is Australia’s Theme Park capital with family fun awaiting at award-winning Dreamworld, Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World and Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park.
- Wild Life Attractions – Come face to face with ‘Aussie mates’ like koalas, kangaroos, emus, wallabies and wombats at a host of enchanting nature parks such as Currumbin Sanctuary, Fleay’s Wildlife Park and Pioneer Plantation.
- Adventure and Hinterland Experience – Just a short stroll to Australia’s favourite beachfront playground, and only a 30-minute drive to the Hinterland offering bushwalking, abseiling, 4WD tours, wine tasting and mountain biking in more than 24 national parks and nature reserves.
Sub-tropical climate, (the average summer temperature is 34C or 90F – the average winter temperature is 18C or 65F), surfing beaches, 27 international golf courses, theme parks, international and duty free shopping, casinos, nightlife, tropical rainforests and fishing are just a few of the attractions and activities available to visitors in this holiday wonderland!
Things to do in Broadbeach
Diamond Beach Resort is located in Broadbeach, which on its own is a major holiday destination. There are 3 major shopping districts located in Broadbeach,
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre – One of Australia’s largest Shopping Centres
- Oasis Shopping Centres– Located on the Broadbeach Mall in Broadbeach
- A myriad of Australian and international boutiques lining the streets of Surf Parade and Victoria Avenue.
- Restuarant and Bar – Broadbeach is also host to the Gold Coast’s main restaurant district, featuring delicious cuisine from all over the world with seafood, steak grill and tepanyaki being some of the taste-bud highlights.
- Casino – Jupiter Casino is just across the Gold Coast Highway and has a selection of restaurants and dining options, as well as dinner and show combos.
- Events Hub – Broadbeach is also a great suburb to stay in for major events on the Gold Coast. The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre holds large expos, music acts and events throughout the year, and the Broadbeach district along Victoria Ave is regularly home to major Gold Coast events such as the Blues on Broadbeach Festival and Restaurant Week.
There are plenty of public transport options available nearby including trams and buses that can connect you to the major attractions around the city.
There are many popular things to do in Broadbeach throughout the year though, such as learn to surf at Kurrawa Beach, browse through the stalls at the Art and Craft markets held on the first and third Sundays of the month, see the latest stage show at Jupiters Casino, or visit Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant!
View our list of kid-friendly things to do in Broadbeach